3.0 timeline

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Tue Nov 20 18:23:33 CET 2012

On 20/11/12 16:05, Arran Cudbard-Bell wrote:

> Eh, some of the proxy stuff is a bit explody on server down.

This has always been a pain to reproduce, too. Invariably when I got a
proxy crash (on the old code) I would try to re-pro the problem by
selectively making an upstream server fail, but it wouldn't crash again.
Seems it was timing/state related :o(

Hopefully Alan's rewrite will have quashed it; TBH part of the reason
for wanting to run a pre-release is to show any bugs. I can arrange for
one of our ORPS to run 3.0-pre and the other 2.2, which prevents
shooting myself in the foot, but should hopefully get a bit of torture
testing.