building trouble

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Tue Oct 2 13:52:41 CEST 2012

marco perugini wrote:
> saturday we tried to build latest snapshot from git but we got the
> following errors; does anyone know what is changed about libtool?

  I've removed libtool from the build.  It's a horrible piece of software.

  It looks like your libtool doesn't want to build libraries.  That's
partly why I removed libtool.  It causes as many problems as it solves.

  I've seen that error before, and there is a solution.  But I don't
recall what it is.  And quite frankly, I don't care.  I've spent too
many years fighting libtool for me to feel nice about it.

  My guess is that ran configure with "--with-system-libtool".  Don't do
that.  Then, it should work.