Function Call to Get User's Attribute from Users File?

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Wed Oct 17 10:14:57 CEST 2012

On 10/17/2012 07:27 AM, jobhunts02 at aol.com wrote:
> Is there a function call to get the value of an attribute for a user from the users file?

Not sure I understand what you want here. A function call where?

Obviously there are function calls to handle "users" files in the source
- see:

src/modules/rlm_files/rlm_files.c

...however there's no single, simple call "to get the value of an
attribute" because that's not how users files work. They're lists of
attribute-value pairs to be checked and replied, with optional expansion
and dictionary handling.

Perhaps if you explain what you're trying to achieve?