Commit report for master branch

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Wed Oct 17 13:59:52 CEST 2012

Phil Mayers wrote:
> TBH it's a fairly theoretical argument; sizeof is used on objects whose
> size tends to be in the range 1-100k and specified at compile time. The
> odds of sizeof ever returning >2**31 are very, very remote, at least
> with current system architectures.

  Yeah.  But I'm (finally) OK with using C99 features.  I avoided them
for a while, because so many systems didn't support even C89.

  So changing all of the code to use %zu for size_t, and %zd for ssize_t
is probably OK.

  I would STRONGLY avoid casts.  They're an ugly brute-force solution to
a simple problem.