How to check ?orrectness of the secret key?

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Mon Sep 24 14:34:21 CEST 2012

On 24/09/12 11:45, Brian Candler wrote:

> I was picking up on something he said, which I believe amounted to the
> following:
>
> - radtest to localhost with correct secret shows debug output
> - radtest to localhost with incorrect secret shows nothing

My reading is subtly different. In his first email, he said:

radtest to localhost - ok
request from remote nas - no debug output

...but in a later email he says:

radclient on localhost - fine
request from remote nas - tcpdump shows packet, but "no info in the log"

He then says:

"""
I've tried to send auth request from localhost againg, but with wrong
key. As a result -- no log-info in radius.log
"""

It's not clear to me that he's consistently testing with "radiusd -X",
or if he's looking at the "log { }" stanza output, which is not the
right thing to do.