Configurable timeout in rlm_exec

Philipp Hug philipp at hug.cx
Tue Sep 25 13:01:40 CEST 2012

Hi Phil,

That's not completely unreasonable, but be aware that the server thread is
> entirely blocked whilst waiting for the exec to complete. If all threads in
> the pool are blocked, you'll have serious problems.
>
> Basically: 10 seconds is a long to wait, so waiting even longer... I'm
> kind of curious what you're doing?

Well, the script is waiting for user interaction to authorize the radius
transaction. (which will take up to 2 minutes)
And in our proof of concept we're using a shell script with rlm_exec.

If there's another way to achieve this. e.g. by letting freeradius invoke
the shell script like every 10s and check if the request is still pending
or already accepted or denied, that would also be an acceptable solution.

Philipp