Reporting from logs - patch

Matthew Newton mcn4 at leicester.ac.uk
Wed Sep 26 12:08:42 CEST 2012

On Wed, Sep 26, 2012 at 10:26:15AM +0100, Phil Mayers wrote:
> >There are three small commits -
> >
> Out of curiosity, was there any reason you took this approach rather
> than moving rad_postauth back into rad_authenticate?

I was trying to simplify rad_authenticate, rather than make it
more bloated - it's a very long function as it is.  In the end it
turned out to only be removing one call to rad_postauth, though.

I've just looked at
https://github.com/alandekok/freeradius-server/commit/47a090897a4b200b597f18ea9d05d9c87b48dcc0
where it was removed - looks like the reason was to try and tidy
the code a bit. I guess this reverses that slightly.

The other thought was just so that there is a central function to
call to handle virtual servers. This could easily also handle acct
packets in the future, too.

> The reason I ask is that rad_authenticate already calls the
> "authorize {}" and "authenticate {}" blocks, so symmetry would seem
> to suggest it call the "post-auth {}" block too.

Good point. I keep staring at that code and thinking that
something needs to be done, but can't quite figure out what at the
moment. Maybe that should be split, although it might not make
things simpler, so may not be worth it. Most of that code has been
untouched for 10 years or so, but just added to.

Cheers

Matthew

--
Matthew Newton, Ph.D. <mcn4 at le.ac.uk>

Systems Architect (UNIX and Networks), Network Services,
I.T. Services, University of Leicester, Leicester LE1 7RH, United Kingdom

For IT help contact helpdesk extn. 2253, <ithelp at le.ac.uk>