auth.c and rlm_pap tidying patches

Matthew Newton mcn4 at leicester.ac.uk
Fri Sep 28 11:04:55 CEST 2012

On Fri, Sep 28, 2012 at 10:17:00AM +0200, Alan DeKok wrote:
> Matthew Newton wrote:
> >   move the !!! warning !!! about User-Password from auth.c into
> >   rlm_pap.c, which is where it is checked. There's no reason for
> >   it to clutter up rad_check_password any more really.
>
>   Which means people don't see it if they edit the configs to remove
> rlm_pap.  Oh well.  I'm fine with that.  I've been gradually trying to
> remove RADIUS functionality from the core for years.

Yeah, I went through the same thought process. It just seemed
wrong to leave it there, as it's not really anything to do with
that function at all.

>   Hmm... the encryption_scheme is a holdover from 1.1.x, I think.

OK

> > The next step would be either to document the PAP encryption_scheme
> > option correctly, or to remove it entirely - I'm not sure of its

>   It should be removed.  The {crypt} etc. method is superior, and widely
> used.

encryption_scheme was broken anyway, so nobody could be using it
from what I can tell :)

>   Send a pull request && I'll get it in.

I've sent a pull request for this lot - will try and tidy up
rlm_pap and send that separately.

Thanks,

Matthew

--
Matthew Newton, Ph.D. <mcn4 at le.ac.uk>

Systems Architect (UNIX and Networks), Network Services,
I.T. Services, University of Leicester, Leicester LE1 7RH, United Kingdom

For IT help contact helpdesk extn. 2253, <ithelp at le.ac.uk>