freeradius and EAP-TNC

Avesh Agarwal avesh.ncsu at gmail.com
Fri Feb 1 21:08:07 CET 2013

Hello,

I am interested in using EAP_TNC feature with Freeradius server. I know
that Freeradius code base includes EAP_TNC and TNC server functionality.
Specifically, I am interested in making it work by default in Fedora
distribution.  I have a working setup that uses a patched version of
Freeradius and patches are from Trust at FHH group. I have a few questions
regarding this:

1. TNC functionality in Freeradius does not seem to be enabled by default
currently. I would like to understand what is needed to be done so that it
can be enabled by default. I am willing to work on this if I can get some
help to understand what is missing.

2. As per my understanding the existing TNC functionality in Freeradius was
contributed by Trust at FHH group. I found that Trust at FHH group has some
updated patches for this but those are not yet merged with current
Freeradius. If someone can tell the reasons behind this, then I can try to
coordinate with Trust at FHH group in case any changes are needed in the
patches or a totally new approach is required.

I have read a thread about it that was sometimes back in 2008 but I have
not found anything after that, so does not seem very helpful after so many
years. So any effort in taking TNC functionality in Freeradius further to
production level would be really appreciated.

Thanks
Avesh