It's GCC

A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Wed Feb 20 21:14:21 CET 2013

Hi,

> No that was added previously to catch the issue earlier. That means you're still experiencing the same issue.
>
> Did you re-run configure before making?

yep.

scoured the system for rlm_ files - only present in build directories
and /usr/lib (prefix=/usr) , deleted them and the freeradius lib.

deleted the freeradius-server directory.

fresh git clone

./configure --prefix=/usr --enable-shared --with-large-files --with-raddbdir=/etc/raddb --with-snmp --with-experimental-modules

make

make install

radiusd -X

same error

 Module: Instantiating eap-tls
   tls {
	tls = "tls-common"
ASSERT FAILED src/main/conffile.c[964]: type < PW_TYPE_MAX
Aborted

(even if I double check with an 'ldconfig -v')

alan