Travis

Arran Cudbard-Bell a.cudbardb at freeradius.org
Tue Feb 26 04:51:27 CET 2013

After hunting around for a couple of hours today for a decent build system we decided to try out Travis CI.

Travis is a hosted continuous integration system which is integrated into GitHub. Whenever someone opens a pull request, or pushes to the master branch it triggers a Travis build.

Travis checks out the commit onto a basic Ubuntu 12.04 VM, installs any dependencies you have set, and builds the server with clang and gcc.

Currently building involves ./configure && make && make test.

Travis supports a number of fixtures including MySQL and PostgreSQL so we should be able to get fairly good coverage on modules that traditionally haven't been tested that much because it was annoying to setup test environments.

If you want to check on the current build state, we've added the build status button to the readme file, so it'll show up if you go on the root freeradius-server repo url.

https://github.com/FreeRADIUS/freeradius-server

or go here:

https://travis-ci.org/FreeRADIUS/freeradius-server

To checkout the status of the latest builds.

-Arran