Travis

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Tue Feb 26 10:29:35 CET 2013

On 02/26/2013 03:51 AM, Arran Cudbard-Bell wrote:
> After hunting around for a couple of hours today for a decent build
> system we decided to try out Travis CI.

Slightly curious why you didn't go with buildbot; FWIW on other projects
I've seen community members contribute buildbot nodes on many and varied
platforms, which can help with coverage. As we've seen this week, ubuntu
is not the entirety of Linux ;o)

Still, any CI is better than none. I wonder if it might be worth
considering a small dev process change at this point to, which is to
always commit/pull to a dedicated branch, and only pull that to master
once CI/testsuite has passed (probably automated)? This might help
others who base/build off master, and will leave master in a state where
it always builds & runs. Just a thought!