[mschap] No Cleartext-Password configured. Cannot create LM-Password.

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Thu Jan 31 16:27:58 CET 2013

Grzegorz Cimochowski wrote:
> i have big problem whit my freeradius 2.2.0 whit mysql
> log from freeradius -X

  While there's a lot of output, the point of having the debug output is
to read it.

> [sql]  expand: %{User-Name} -> makowska_t
> [sql] sql_set_user escaped user --> 'makowska_t'
> rlm_sql (sql): Reserving sql socket id: 3
> [sql]  expand: SELECT id, username, attribute, value, op           FROM
> radcheck           WHERE username = '%{SQL-User-Name}' AND status =
> '1'          ORDER BY id -> SELECT id, username, attribute, value,
> op           FROM radcheck           WHERE username = 'makowska_t' AND
> status = '1'          ORDER BY id
> [sql]  expand: SELECT groupname           FROM radusergroup
> WHERE username = '%{SQL-User-Name}'           ORDER BY priority ->
> SELECT groupname           FROM radusergroup           WHERE username =
> 'makowska_t'           ORDER BY priority
> rlm_sql (sql): Released sql socket id: 3
> [sql] User makowska_t not found
> ++[sql] returns notfound

  See?  The user isn't in SQL.

  The SQL queries are printed so that you can run them yourself.  You
can verify that there's no such user in SQL.

  So.. fix that.  The SQL documentation is relatively clear, and there
are examples of how to add users/passwords in SQL.

> When a combination of coding mschapv1 everything works ok
> all options in :/sites-enabled (defoult and inner-tunnel) whot 'sql'
> enabled.

  Did you add the user to the SQL database?

  Likely not.