FreeRadius 3.0.0 SPEC

Arran Cudbard-Bell a.cudbardb at freeradius.org
Tue Jul 2 16:50:14 CEST 2013

On 2 Jul 2013, at 15:41, John Dennis <jdennis at redhat.com> wrote:

> On 07/02/2013 10:05 AM, stefan.paetow at diamond.ac.uk wrote:
>> All,
>>
>> Here's a spec set (.spec plus .patches plus a .tar.bz2) that
>> currently builds FreeRADIUS 3.0.0 for CentOS 6.4 as close as possible
>> to the current 2.x spec:
>>
>> https://www.dropbox.com/sh/6265gsxr9oyg9df/p_iLT5UR7Z
>>
>> This is still a work in progress, but if John from RedHat could
>> validate it, that would be appreciated. :-)
>>
>> I know, I know... I should do this in GitHub probably, but hey, this
>> is just raw. The source is just the release_3_0_0_beta1 ZIP file
>> repackaged to .tar.bz2. I'll do another run with the current master
>> (unless I shouldn't... Arran, Alan D?)
>

> I took a very quick look at it, a few things caught my eye.
>
> I'm surprised we still need the other patches, I thought I had sent all
> those upstream, seems to me a new release should not need patches from
> an old release.

3.0.0 needs no patches. I merged the cert config patch.

> I don't think the new build system is using libtool so anything related
> to libtool is now cruft (that includes removing .la files, etc.)

It's not.

> I don't think think bootstrap is the right way to create certs in %post
> anymore, see the recent thread on this.

No, I was actually incorrect here, apologies. The purpose of bootstrap is to provide a method of certificate creation for systems which don't have make. It's still included.

Somehow it had gotten delete from my source tree, but it's still in the main repository.

FreeRADIUS Development Team