2.x.x regression: custom SQL queries

Arran Cudbard-Bell a.cudbardb at freeradius.org
Fri Jul 5 15:37:28 CEST 2013

On 5 Jul 2013, at 14:22, Stefan Winter <stefan.winter at restena.lu> wrote:

> Hi,
>
>> Could be linking to an older version of rlm_expr. The registration for the md5
>> xlat was moved out of main/xlat.c into rlm_expr, and IIRC 2.x.x doesn't have
>> strict version checking between radiusd and the modules.
>>
>> If this is the case expr will probably be available, but hex/sha1/base64/tobase64/
>> base64tohex won't be.
>
> Ah... this rings a bell. I had only seen those md5 errors this morning,
> while I had 2.x.x running for some longer time. Thought I had only
> overlooked it... but:
>
> Indeed: radiusd.conf links to libs in a symlink directory which always
> points to the "latest" I've installed. Except that this morning, I
> didn't adapt the symlink as I hopped between versions.
>
> So, sorry about that. The sql INSERT not actually working is still an
> issue though; just forget about the MD5 please.

Ok. Good that that's fixed.

Regarding the SQL inserts, hardly anything has changed in the SQL module
since 2.2.0. There have been three commits, and no changes since January 2012
to any of the drivers.

That fact that the expansion returns '1', indicates a single row was updated
just like you would expect.

The missing noop is likely from fixing section priority overrides which is
unrelated.

I'll run a database instance up to day to double check, which driver are you
using?

FreeRADIUS Development Team