2.x.x (and earier?): yet another decoding SSHA issue

Arran Cudbard-Bell a.cudbardb at freeradius.org
Wed Jul 17 09:06:19 CEST 2013

> Or do I still have to change my encoding of the hashes from base64 to
> hex in the DB attribute's value, and *additionally* use the string cast
> later on in rlm_pap to prevent any further touching of the hash value?
>
> In any case, let me know when there's something to test in 2.x.x.

The solution I posted earlier should work fine:

update control {
	SSHA1-Password = "%{base64tohex:SSHA1-Password-Base64}"
}

You will need to define the local string attribute 'SSHA1-Password-Base64' and change the attribute in the database.

The worry was normification could potentially mangle the binary version of the password further, hence the additional discussion around disabling it.

FreeRADIUS Development Team