IPv6 support

Aaron Hurt ahurt at ena.com
Mon Jul 22 17:17:27 CEST 2013

On Jul 22, 2013, at 9:51 AM, Alan DeKok <aland at deployingradius.com> wrote:

> Phil Mayers wrote:
>> Yeah, definitely. TBH I keep wondering if a better approach to
>> accounting long-term wouldn't be to keep live sessions in something
>> NoSQL e.g. redis, then move them to SQL on session close, when the sum
>> total of the data is known.
>
>  Yes.  That allows for MUCH more performance.
>
>  Some ISPs, tho, want to log all accounting packets.  Others want to
> query live sessions via SQL.
>
>  So any redes-enabled speedup would have to be site-specific, and
> configurable.
>
>  Alan DeKok.
> -
> List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/devel.html

We're working on a project with huge accounting needs and did run into some issues using the current SQL module and decided to write our own module to store accounting data and user authentication data in a nosql document database as JSON.  I think this will become increasingly common and nosql/json seems to be a very natural fit for value pair data.

-- Aaron