MODULE DEV: Problem adding an attribute to access-accept message

Ivan Ostres iostres at live.com
Wed May 15 11:28:37 CEST 2013

Hi List!

I am learning how to write a custom module (in my case for authorization
in prepaid billing) and I need to add some custom attributes (both
standard and VSA) to access-accept message. I am trying to do this in
mod_authorize:

         service = pairfind(request->packet->vps,
CISCO_SSG_SERVICE_INFO, VENDOR_CISCO, TAG_ANY);
         if (service != NULL) {
           RDEBUG("Found CISCO_SSG_SERVICE_INFO -> Prepaid billing
request");
           pairmake_reply("Idle-Timeout",10, T_OP_ADD);
           request->reply->code = PW_AUTHENTICATION_ACK;
           return RLM_MODULE_OK;
          }

I can see in a log that this part of code is used:

(0) prepaid : Found CISCO_SSG_SERVICE_INFO -> Prepaid billing request
(0)   [prepaid] = handled
(0) # Executing section post-auth from file
/usr/local/etc/raddb/sites-enabled/default
(0)   group post-auth {
(0)  - entering group post-auth {...}
(0)   [exec] = noop
Sending Access-Accept of id 12 from 0.0.0.0 port 1812 to 192.168.123.196
port 49444
(0) Finished request 0.

but there is no "Idle-Timeout" in outgoing Access-Accept. I cannot
figure out what am I doing wrong...

Please help!

BR,
iostres