free radius configure error: talloc.h

Kavitha Kamarthy kkamarthy at arubanetworks.com
Fri May 31 02:45:32 CEST 2013

Hi All,
  I read the previous posts and installed the talloclib and I do see the talloc.h under /usr/include.
I see that the library is correctly installed.
I set the PATH to reflect that in .bashrc. I also copied the talloc.h file under/usr/local/include too but it is
unable to find the talloc.h file.
When I execute
/freeradius-server$ sudo ./configure --with-talloc-include-dir="/usr/include"

I get the error :

configure: Setting additional developer CFLAGS
checking for the compiler flag "-Wdocumentation"... no
configure: Developer CFLAGS are " -Wshadow -Wpointer-arith -Wcast-qual -Wcast-align -Wwrite-strings -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes -Wmissing-declarations -Wnested-externs -W -Wredundant-decls -Wundef -Wformat-y2k -Wno-format-extra-args -Wno-format-zero-length -Wno-cast-align -Wformat-nonliteral -Wformat-security -Wformat=2 -DWITH_VERIFY_PTR=1"
configure: is developer build, enabling experimental modules implicitly, disable with --without-experimental-modules
checking for TLS... no
checking for talloc.h in /usr/include... no
checking for talloc.h... no
checking for talloc.h in /usr/local/include... no
checking for talloc.h in /opt/include... no
configure: WARNING: talloc headers not found. Use --with-talloc-include-dir=<path>.
configure: error: FreeRADIUS requires libtalloc

Any suggestions how to fix this ?

Thx
KCK