Creating a two man login module

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Wed Oct 16 20:34:40 CEST 2013

PEOPLES, MICHAEL P wrote:
> On Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5, I wish to create a login module that
> would require the “consent” of two users before either could login.

  That's hard.  The reason being that security information for a user
tends to be isolated.  So there may be no mechanism available for the
two users to communicate this agreement.

> What I cannot figure out is how to provide a prompt during the initial
> system login so that the two users can “interact”.

  Because logins are user-specific.  ONE user logs in, and NO other user
has any knowledge of, or participation in, that process.