OSX 10.9 Mavericks

Arran Cudbard-Bell a.cudbardb at freeradius.org
Thu Oct 24 00:35:31 CEST 2013

Now builds, despite Apple gutting /usr/include and /usr/lib.

It’ll default to the version of the SDK appropriate for your OS, and should work OK with 3rd party clang and gcc (after the hacks that just went in).

case "$host" in
  *-darwin*)
    dnl #
    dnl #  The version of GCC apple ships with Mavericks works out of the
    dnl #  box, and presumably selects the highest version SDK for OSX.
    dnl #
    AC_MSG_CHECKING([if cc is apple llvm])
    if ! $CC --version 2>&1 | grep -I 'Apple LLVM' > /dev/null; then
      AC_MSG_RESULT(no)
      AC_CHECK_PROG(SW_VERS, sw_vers, yes, no)
      AC_CHECK_PROG(XCODEBUILD, xcodebuild, yes, no)

      if test "x$SW_VERS" = "xyes" && test "x$XCODEBUILD" = "xyes"; then
        AC_MSG_NOTICE([determining OSX SDK path])
        osx_sdk_path=$(xcodebuild -version -sdk macosx$(sw_vers -productVersion) Path)
        AC_MSG_RESULT([$osx_sdk_path])

        dnl #
        dnl #  We need to export these, else the child configure scripts all fail
        dnl #  their compiler checks.
        dnl #
        export CFLAGS="--sysroot=$osx_sdk_path $CFLAGS"
        export CPPFLAGS="--sysroot=$osx_sdk_path $CPPFLAGS"
        export LDFLAGS="-L$osx_sdk_path/usr/lib/ $LDFLAGS"
      fi
    else
      AC_MSG_RESULT(yes)
    fi
    ;;

Mmm crunchy. Let me know if this breaks older OSX versions.

FreeRADIUS Development Team