Problem with custom accounting module.

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Sat Apr 19 00:05:38 CEST 2014

On 18/04/2014 21:23, Bill Schoolfield wrote:
> Well this has turned out to be some sort of linkage/compile issue. On
> the same server, I can build the shared library for our module from
> either the source tree from our application or the source tree from
> freeradius. Building from freeradius works. The other way does not...
>
> Best I can tell the same includes and libraries are used. A ldd of both
> .so files show commonality though our app has many more referenced
> libraries. I wonder if we've got a namespace collision somewhere.
>
> Anybody got a suggestion for where to look?

Hmm. Short of a long tedious trawl with objdump/ldd you could either
guess - look at the libs your module pulls in and guess which is likely
troublesome - or look at all the libs on your system and try to find any
with >1 ABI version present.

It could still be something like threading/signals/locking/mutex or
similar - it really depends on what libs you're pulling in. Can you
describe the module and it's top-level architecture/dependencies?