couchbase accounting/authentication module

Arran Cudbard-Bell a.cudbardb at freeradius.org
Wed Apr 30 19:15:25 CEST 2014

On 30 Apr 2014, at 18:05, Aaron Hurt <ahurt at ena.com> wrote:

> On Apr 30, 2014, at 11:50 AM, Arran Cudbard-Bell <a.cudbardb at freeradius.org> wrote:
>>
>> Interesting. It's the sort of thing that could be merged into rlm_rest at some point as a sub-module.
>>
>> But for now I don't see any issues in including it in v3.x.x. I do have a few comments, but they're easier made on a pull request.
>>
>> I think the map section would have to change, it wouldn't be overly difficult to represent it as a set of config pairs, and you could even do nesting if you wanted a more complex structure.
>>

> Thank you, looking forward to the pull request.

If you want your module included in v3.x.x branch please send a pull request against v3.x.x.

> I do agree the ‘map’ part is a bit ugly but I wasn’t sure how to structure a config parser for an unknown set of keys.

The FreeRADIUS config parser is just a key value store, you don't need to
know the structure before hand.

See the 'update {}' section in rlm_ldap.

You can just do:
map {
	<couch db attr> = <radius attr>
}

Or which ever way round you want it.

You might want to consider using a similar system as rlm_sql does for accounting queries to dynamically decide which mapping section will be used, based on the type of NAS sending the Accounting-Request.

-Arran

FreeRADIUS Development Team