FreeRadius Mikrotik-Rate-Limit attribute limit

Arran Cudbard-Bell a.cudbardb at freeradius.org
Tue Feb 18 15:35:08 CET 2014

On 18 Feb 2014, at 14:26, Matthew Newton <mcn4 at LEICESTER.AC.UK> wrote:

> This should be on freeradius-users; it isn't a developer problem.
>
> On Tue, Feb 18, 2014 at 07:35:15PM +0530, Lalit Choudhary wrote:
>> Mikrotik-Total-Limit = 5242880 (this value in bytes)
>> Mikrotik-Total-Limit-Gigawords = 1 (this value in GB)
>
> That's 4.004Gb.
>
>> I'm assuming that it will Terminate the session after 1026 mb usage
>
> No
>
>> I am not sure whether Mikrotik-Total-Limit-Gigawords taking value in GB or
>> bytes.
>
> The top 32 bits of a 64-bit value.
>
>> Please suggests how i can use Mikrotik-Total-Limit-Gigawords for more then
>> 4 GB data limit.
>
> See the previous post I wrote on this here:
>
> http://lists.freeradius.org/pipermail/freeradius-users/2013-October/068847.html

Yes OP has now spammed the developers list, me directly, and the FreeRADIUS
linked in page with exactly the same question.

Here is the commit which fixes the problem by using 64bit counters.
Upgrade to v3.0.x. It's not going to be backported.
https://github.com/FreeRADIUS/freeradius-server/commit/cac1c92bd304ba98758bc574f28796e8ebb850ea

-Arran

FreeRADIUS Development Team