reply attributes not always sent (radius_paircreate() problem seen in rlm_ippool)

Arran Cudbard-Bell a.cudbardb at freeradius.org
Sun Jan 19 23:29:42 CET 2014

On 19 Jan 2014, at 22:06, John Dennis <jdennis at redhat.com> wrote:

> On 01/19/2014 03:09 PM, John Dennis wrote:
>> On 01/19/2014 02:21 PM, Alan DeKok wrote:
>>> The patch affects *all* attributes made via paircreate().
>>>
>>> I'll take a pass through the modules to remove code which sets the vp
>>> length manually. It should not be necessary for ipv4 attributes,
>>> etc.
>>
>> commit 0b48c180 for rlm_sqlipool is one that should be removed, it would
>> break if and when ipv6 is supported.
>
> While you're at it could you also fix the warning messages in
> rad_encode() (radius.c around line 1850) so they're emitted. Maybe they
> should be DEBUG statements
> instead of fr_strerror_printf() or maybe fix
> fr_strerror_printf()

What evidence do you have that fr_strerror_printf() isn't working as intended?

> , either way it should show up when running in debug
> -X mode.

Everything in src/lib belongs to libfreeradius-radius which is a separate body of code from the rest of FreeRADIUS.

It's up to the application (in this case radiusd) to call fr_strerror() or fr_perror() after getting an error code from one of the library functions.

There's no obvious place where that doesn't happen for rad_encode() and the library functions which call it.

FreeRADIUS Development Team