reply attributes not always sent (radius_paircreate() problem seen in rlm_ippool)

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Mon Jan 20 16:32:20 CET 2014

John Dennis wrote:
> While you're at it could you also fix the warning messages in
> rad_encode() (radius.c around line 1850) so they're emitted. Maybe they
> should be DEBUG statements instead of fr_strerror_printf() or maybe fix
> fr_strerror_printf(), either way it should show up when running in debug
> -X mode.

  It's not always an error to miss encoding attributes.  The call to
rad_encode() succeeds, so there's no reason for the radiusd binary to
print out an error.  The issue is that rad_encode() calls rad_vp2attr().

  So maybe rad_encode() should print the error string, via a DEBUG
statement.

  IMHO what should really happen is that we should have a "sanity check"
module.  It should check outgoing packets for standards compliance
(mostly), and a number of "bad" situations.  It should also check
incoming packets, too.