#596 confirmed fixed; small glitch remaining

Arran Cudbard-Bell a.cudbardb at freeradius.org
Fri May 2 10:47:22 CEST 2014

On 2 May 2014, at 09:30, Stefan Winter <stefan.winter at restena.lu> wrote:

> Hi,
>
>>> (2) WARNING: Unknown value specified for Post-Auth-Type.  Cannot perform
>>> requested action.
>>> Sending Access-Reject Id 38 from 127.0.0.1:1812 to 127.0.0.1:55939
>>>
>>> (this happens both when proxy-to-vserver, or when just running through
>>> unproxied)
>>>
>>> I'm a bit worried about that - the dictionaries are auto-loaded, and
>>> they contain "Reject" as a value of Post-Auth-Type just fine.
>>
>> Because you don't have a Reject section in Post-Auth?
>
> Whoa. I had no idea that this big fat WARNING message is about "nothing,
> really".
>
> "I've got nothing to do" really doesn't deserve
> a) being called a WARNING
> b) claiming "cannot perform requested action" - I didn't request any
> action at that spot, so not performing any action is exactly what I *want*.

Depends if you see the server core and the modules/policies as separate
entities.

> c) the value isn't unknown. It's known, just not present and called for
> in the config.

RDEBUG3("Appropriate %s sub-section not found.  Cannot perform requested action.",
	section_type_value[comp].typename);

> Other places in the server are much more relaxed about this situation,
> like "section empty, using default".

It used to actually, but the server was becalmed.

> Can't the server be made to sound a little bit less alerted? ;-)

Oh, go on then.

-Arran

FreeRADIUS Development Team