ERROR: Condition evaluation failed

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Thu May 15 17:57:26 CEST 2014

(Sorry - lots of little things now I'm able to spend time looking at 3.x
again)

I'm seeing errors like:

(10) ERROR: Condition evaluation failed because the value of an operand
could not be determined: Unknown value 'Challenge' for attribute
'Post-Auth-Type'

These are annoying for a couple of reasons. First they're popping up in
the middle processing authorize, inside a policy item i.e.

policy {
   foo.authorize {
   foo.post-auth {
server X {
   authorize {
     foo
   }
   post-auth {
     foo

...so as far as I'm concerned I'm not triggering them and shouldn't be
seeing them.

Second, they're apparently being copied to Module-Failure-Message. We've
logged this for a while to look for errors, and now I'm having to throw
away this irrelevant junk. Does this really constitute a
Module-Failure-Message?