Max listening ports

Michael Richardson mcr at sandelman.ca
Mon Nov 10 02:50:56 CET 2014

Alan DeKok <aland at deployingradius.com> wrote:
    >> I'd like to run a FR with more than 256 virtual servers/listening
    >> ports.

    >   Why?  That's a bit unusual.

Yeah, why not just run more than once instance?
I think that would also spread the load across more cores, and reduce memory
contention if your machine is has any NUMA-like properties (many machines with
more than one CPU socket tends to have penalties for accessing memory not
directly attached to that CPU).