Issue with VSA Attributes with Tags and 3.0x

Arran Cudbard-Bell a.cudbardb at freeradius.org
Mon Aug 17 03:15:23 CEST 2015

> On 16 Aug 2015, at 20:55, Peter Lambrechtsen <peter at crypt.co.nz> wrote:
>
> On Mon, Aug 17, 2015 at 10:06 AM, Arran Cudbard-Bell <
> a.cudbardb at freeradius.org> wrote:
>
>> You know generic got even more beautiful and generic and can now represent
>> any
>> list in the server, right?
>>
>> That's what the valuepair_attribute configuration item sets, the one true
>> generic
>> LDAP attribute who's values can represent any request/list and value in the
>> server.
>>
>> You can even do things like:
>>
>>        radiusAttribute: outer.request: +=
>> `/my/script/that/makes/multuple/attributes`
>>
>>        radiusAttribute: request:User-Name := 'foo'
>>
>>        radiusAttribute: disconnect:Acct-Session-Id :=
>> &outer.request:Acct-Session-Id
>>
>> Code path is similar to update blocks in config files.
>>

> Ohhh I did not know that. Very cool. This will make my config even simpler
> than before. One multivalued LDAP Attribute to rule them all.
>
> That then drives me to do something... Update the wiki page:
> http://wiki.freeradius.org/modules/Rlm_ldap As the wiki is missing so much
> on v3 changes and niceites on how to setup dynamic clients plus examples of
> LDIF files on the server side to get people going.
> Probably worth splitting the page in two for a v2 vs v3 config, as there
> are still plenty of folks running v2 out there (myself included) that keep
> on asking the same questions in -users that would probably benefit from
> reading the wiki.

Feel free :)

I agree with splitting, possibly add a v3 suffix to the v3 module pages.

Between v1/v2 the modules didn't change a great deal, but there are many new features in v3.

Let me know if you need any additional information that's not obvious from the code or config file.

Also happy to contribute content too, just extremely busy currently, so it'll be limited to paragraphs instead of walk throughs.

-Arran

FreeRADIUS development team