access to proxy packet "radius id" in case of unresponsive proxy ?

Chaigneau, Nicolas nicolas.chaigneau at capgemini.com
Tue Dec 1 17:48:22 CET 2015

Hello,

For logging purposes, I'm trying to get the proxy packet "radius id".

In post proxy, the proxy packet id is not available anymore (it has been reset to -1 by fr_packet_list_id_free when removed from proxy hash).

When we have a response from the proxy server, we still can know this id (because it's the same as the proxy reply packet id, which is available).

But in case of unresponsive proxy, it seems there's no way to do so.
(except by changing FreeRADIUS code).

Do you confirm this is not currently doable ?

And if so, would it be possible to do something about this ? :)

Regards,
Nicolas.