One more change for v3 I think

Arran Cudbard-Bell a.cudbardb at freeradius.org
Wed Feb 25 20:00:31 CET 2015

> On 25 Feb 2015, at 09:39, Alan DeKok <aland at deployingradius.com> wrote:
>
> On Feb 25, 2015, at 5:35 AM, Alister Winfield <alister at ticklers.org> wrote:
>> I assume responsive includes not producing errors or null-responses (bad memory of testing a web service for performance and not spotting it had started to produce 50x replies at an wonderful rate).

I'm assuming this is through a load balancer of some kind, with sticky connections?

That's quite interesting. 500 is a genuine server is fubar error. Not all protocols
have that kind of signalling.

You don't want to re-establish the connection, but de-prioritising it might be an
idea. If the 500 error is occurring across all connections they all get de-prioritised
equally.

Might be worth adding a function to the API to allow the module to say that it thinks
the connection or the thing at the end of it is screwed.

-Arran

FreeRADIUS development team