Another leak: tls_new_client_session

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Sat Mar 7 22:01:07 CET 2015

On Mar 7, 2015, at 10:54 AM, Stefan Paetow <Stefan.Paetow at jisc.ac.uk> wrote:
> You should now have a valgrind-once-a-min-plus-socket-proxy-shutdown.out
> log.

  OK.  I’ve fixed the complaints about uninitialized memory in fr_ipaddr_cmp.  The trust router code should be using a library function to do ipaddr conversions, instead of doing there work itself.

> One thing I noticed that did not occur in other runs is that FR shuts
> down the socket proxy in this, and then cleans it up. Between the last run
> and me terminating FR with the control socket, the RSS grew by just under
> 100MB. Is it possible that it's the socket proxy that's losing memory?

  It’s likely.

  I pushed some fixes yesterday which SHOULD result in it cleaning up the proxy sockets on exit.  But it looks like there’s still work to do.

  The good news is that the valgrind traces are useful. :)