Please document dynamic in proxy server section in proxy.conf

Arran Cudbard-Bell a.cudbardb at freeradius.org
Wed Mar 18 23:29:30 CET 2015

> On 18 Mar 2015, at 18:20, Stefan Paetow <Stefan.Paetow at jisc.ac.uk> wrote:
>
>> The dynamic key was introduced to enable realms_realm_add after config
>> parsing.
>> However, it doesn't seem to be documented in the default raddb.
>
> Arran, Alan, is there any other use case for using 'dynamic'? Retrieval of realms from a database?

I really dislike how the current dynamic realms stuff is currently implemented. I'll likely redo it
for v3.1.x so it uses a virtual server to gather the realm information.

There's demand for realms loaded from LDAP/SQL.

So yes, in future it could mean load the realm from a database or directory.

FreeRADIUS development team