roadmap for v3.1.x

Arran Cudbard-Bell a.cudbardb at freeradius.org
Wed Oct 28 15:25:54 CET 2015

> On 28 Oct 2015, at 10:23, Alan DeKok <aland at deployingradius.com> wrote:
>
> On Oct 28, 2015, at 10:20 AM, Arran Cudbard-Bell <a.cudbardb at freeradius.org> wrote:
>>
>> We should also start removing compatibility fixes for versions of software released before 2011.
>
>  Most of that is gone in 3.1.  In 3.0, it complained about the use of deprecated configuration items.
>
>  In 3.1, it ignores the old ones entirely.

More stuff like this:

/*
 *  glibc 2.4 and uClibc 0.9.29 introduce IPV6_RECVPKTINFO etc. and
 *  change IPV6_PKTINFO This is only supported in Linux kernel >=
 *  2.6.14
 *
 *  This is only an approximation because the kernel version that libc
 *  was compiled against could be older or newer than the one being
 *  run.  But this should not be a problem -- we just keep using the
 *  old kernel interface.
 */
#ifdef __linux__
#  ifdef IPV6_RECVPKTINFO
#    include <linux/version.h>
#    if LINUX_VERSION_CODE < KERNEL_VERSION(2,6,14)
#      ifdef IPV6_2292PKTINFO
#        undef IPV6_RECVPKTINFO
#        undef IPV6_PKTINFO
#        define IPV6_RECVPKTINFO IPV6_2292PKTINFO
#        define IPV6_PKTINFO IPV6_2292PKTINFO
#      endif
#    endif
/* Fall back to the legacy socket option if IPV6_RECVPKTINFO isn't defined */
#  elif defined(IPV6_2292PKTINFO)
#      define IPV6_RECVPKTINFO IPV6_2292PKTINFO
#  endif
#else

-Arran

FreeRADIUS development team