Wiki "regression"

Arran Cudbard-Bell a.cudbardb at freeradius.org
Sun Apr 17 02:06:16 CEST 2016

> On Apr 16, 2016, at 5:14 PM, Matthew Newton <mcn4 at leicester.ac.uk> wrote:
>
> Hi
>
> I made a few upates to the wiki the other week, notably the
> Debian install instructions.
>
> They seem to have vanished and gone back to the previous version
> from May 2015.
>
> Also, the http://wiki.freeradius.org/Overview-and-Features page
> linked right from the top of the main page has disappeared.
>
> Any ideas?

I believe the wiki repo may now be mirrored in multiple places which appears to have caused it to drop the commits.

Gitolite supports something called redirected pushes which should allow us to fix the issue.

crashant:wiki.freeradius.org arr2036$ git push
Counting objects: 9, done.
Compressing objects: 100% (9/9), done.
Writing objects: 100% (9/9), 3.48 KiB | 0 bytes/s, done.
Total 9 (delta 7), reused 0 (delta 0)
remote: git push -f mirror-server
remote: remote: git push -f origin
remote: remote:
remote: remote: fatal: Could not read from remote repository.
remote: remote:
remote: remote: Please make sure you have the correct access rights
remote: remote: and the repository exists.
remote: To git at hosting-server:wiki.freeradius.org.git
remote:    38accdd..3d18fed  master -> master
To git at git.freeradius.org:wiki.freeradius.org
   38accdd..3d18fed  master -> master

Seems to suggest that the wiki to git.freeradius.org sync is broken and that the script author didn't check for the failure of the sync in that direction before pushing.

It was a little difficult to figure out how to get the commits back with no reflog (it's a bare repo), but found some magic to show dangling commits, and worked back from there.

Unfortunately I couldn't restore the commits themselves, had to create a patch and apply that.

All the git infrastructure on the wiki host is really broken :(

-Arran