Status update on version 4.

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Wed Dec 21 17:55:19 CET 2016

On Dec 21, 2016, at 10:15 AM, Laurens Vets <laurens at daemon.be> wrote:

> On 2016-12-21 06:57, Alan DeKok wrote:
> <snip>
>>  So I'm not confident that the new framework will handle RADIUS packets, too.
> <snip>
>
> I hope you meant 'now' instead of 'not'? :)

  Yes.

  The new framework will handle RADIUS packets.

  The benefit so far is that the new "worker thread" code is independent of any protocols.  Instead, it has a plugin framework for protocols.  This means that adding new protocols is as simple as writing functions that decode the packet, process it through "unlang" sections, and then encode the reply.  Those functions are completely independent of threads, network IO, etc.