Two connection pools in one module.

Arran Cudbard-Bell a.cudbardb at freeradius.org
Wed Jul 6 18:01:33 CEST 2016

> On 6 Jul 2016, at 11:56, Matthew Newton <mcn4 at leicester.ac.uk> wrote:
>
> On Wed, Jul 06, 2016 at 03:21:00PM +0000, Ленченко Илья Анатольевич wrote:
>> {
>>  rlm_smt_t *inst = instance;
>>  inst->poolMYSQL = fr_connection_pool_module_init(conf, inst, mod_conn_create_mysql, NULL, NULL);
>>  if (!inst->poolMYSQL) {
>>    return -1;
>>  }
>> inst->poolRabbitMQ = fr_connection_pool_module_init(conf, inst, mod_conn_create_rmq, NULL, NULL);
>> if (!inst->poolRabbitMQ) {
>>   return -1;
>> }
>
> Using the same 'conf' for each one doesn't look good to me.

Yeah that code will assume you're doing connection pool sharing, and just pass back the same pointer.

... and no, we're not going to change that, it's a valid assumption.

No other module uses multiple connection pools that draw their configuration from the same subsection,
because why would you, when you have a policy language to allow interactions between modules...

-Arran

FreeRADIUS Development Team