build options (was: rotating detail files)

Jakob Hirsch jh at plonk.de
Tue Jun 21 01:10:42 CEST 2016

Taking this to -devel, not really a -users topic any more.

On 20.06.2016 17:17, A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk wrote:
>> I already tried this (any many variants), with no success.
>> This is plain 3.0.11, right, with no patches applied? Very strange. It
>> behaves as I have type = auth or acct, but I don't see how this could
>> happen...
> plain 3.0.11, also plain 2.2.x that we mirgated from.

So I fiddled around a bit and found the cause of this: I used configure
--without-vmps in the previous build. Not sure how this is related,
probably some side effect from the #ifdefs in src/main/listen.c.

We use our own build (custom modules) and since we definitely won't need
vmps and I prefer slim builds, I had it disabled.

Furthermore, the build breaks using --without-dhcp (when trying to
compile src/modules/proto_dhcp/dhcpclient.c) or --without-tcp (in
src/main/client.c).

Of course there's no harm leaving these options enabled, so I'll let
them, but I guess that's not intended behaviour :)