Post-Auth-Type REJECT "broken" in 3.1.x

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Thu Jun 23 15:41:27 CEST 2016

On Jun 23, 2016, at 9:38 AM, A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk wrote:
> IIRC upgrading from 3.0.x to 3.1.x wont work with 3.0.x configs anyway due to
> several symantec changes with variable/option names anyway.

 Still, minimal surprises are nice.

> (which is one reason I advise people to use 3.1.x rather than 3.0.x when moving from
> 2.x anyway - as they'll be ready for 3.2.x release....whereas if you've migrated
> config to 3.0.x you'll have to migrate again for 3.2.x  ;-)

  If only we could get people to upgrade from 2.1.12.  <sigh>

  The larger problem for 4.0 is that there will be many, many, more changes to the configuration.  Practices of 18 years will unfortunately be changed.

  The good news is that those changes are required to add massive new functionality.  The whole server becomes simpler to maintain (for the coders), and simpler to understand for the administrators.