[freeradius 3.0.14] Issue on close and reopen file at reload

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Thu Aug 24 13:39:24 CEST 2017

On Aug 24, 2017, at 7:22 AM, Geaaru <geaaru at gmail.com> wrote:

> Yeah thanks. Now from log I see correctly info about Reloaded module
> but so, the right question is why is not called hup automatically from
> main  SIGHUP ?

  The server reloads modules if their configuration has changed.  If there's no configuration change, the module isn't reloaded.

  The linelog module is a bit different.  It opens output files, which need to be closed and re-opened on HUP.  The server core doesn't (yet) know this about the linelog module, so it doesn't reload linelog on HUP.

  It's probably easy to add another module flag: RLM_TYPE_RELOAD_ON_HUP, and have the server core reload the module on HUP, even if the configuration hasn't changed.

> FWIS there is a check about type of the module and linelog correctly
> has flag RLM_TYPE_HUP_SAFE so I don't understand why I don't find log
> about reloading of the module?

  That's for reloading the configuration.

> Could be related with a problem to handle multiple module linelog
> (needed in my case to log same packets with different line log)?

  What's that problem?

> Obviously, in my case is needed radmin -e "hup log_accounting" , etc.

  Yes.