Enhancement of timestamp logging

Geaaru geaaru at gmail.com
Fri Feb 24 11:09:28 CET 2017

Yes, I know that code is public, I sent a pull request on github (see
pull request #1917).

But FWIS on xlat.c file (on tree 3.0.x) or on xlat_eval.c (on tree
4.0.x) there isn't a management of nanoseconds or milliseconds on
logging messages.

I don't find where could be currently used a timestamp with
milliseconds or nanosecods on logging.

FWIS currently logging timestamp with milliseconds or nanoseconds is
not supported by freeradius. There is a '%T' option but milliseconds is
set statically to 0000000.

I currently patched my freeradius code to permit a more efficient
timestamp logging, let me known if you want patch this on official
tree.

Good work
G.