Commit report for v3.0.x branch

announce at freeradius.org announce at freeradius.org
Wed May 10 02:00:02 CEST 2017

New activity for FreeRADIUS (the high performance and highly configurable RADIUS server)

======
Merge pull request #1982 from alejandro-perez/v3.0.x

Some fixes to the trustrouter related code

Alan DeKok (via GitHub)@2017-05-09T13:36:26Z
Files modified:
	* src/main/realms.c
	* src/modules/rlm_realm/trustrouter.c

Commit diff:
https://github.com/FreeRADIUS/freeradius-server/commit/d30c069b9ae0e7dc801b30d4f4308c4e873d28cf
======
Set idle_timeout to 5s to all the dynamic home servers

Dynamically generated home servers get eventually replaced.
We want sockets using these servers to close as soon as possible, to make sure that whenever a pool is replaced, sockets using old ones will not last long (hopefully less than 300s).

Alejandro Perez at 2017-05-09T12:39:07Z
Files modified:
	* src/modules/rlm_realm/trustrouter.c

Commit diff:
https://github.com/FreeRADIUS/freeradius-server/commit/fb5c62f9ac1526f858bd65567963d722a5ecb274
======
Increase the amount of time a pool spends in the garbage list

Under specific circumstances (e.g high authentication load) a client might keep using an old pool since the socket did not expire. 60 seconds seems too low.
Increased to make sure we do not delete it while it is still being used.

Alejandro Perez at 2017-05-09T12:32:21Z
Files modified:
	* src/main/realms.c

Commit diff:
https://github.com/FreeRADIUS/freeradius-server/commit/385b500a711b1f7632f5c04d9d8ffbe763f5894f
======
Remove unnecessary check to update REALM

Existing code precluded a REALM from being updated if there were traffic within the last 5 minutes.
This is an error since when the TLS keys expire, the home server will reject client’s attempts to establish a connection, leading to up to 5 minutes of denied user authentications.

Alejandro Perez at 2017-05-09T12:32:19Z
Files modified:

https://github.com/FreeRADIUS/freeradius-server/commit/a2a6f0949bd704f2129319f17cb471664e05c54f
======