Compiling modules

Jonathan Anthony jonathan.anthony at siliconsafe.com
Fri Nov 24 16:04:08 CET 2017

Hello,

I have downloaded the source code and built and installed freeradius server
3.0.16 on Ubuntu 17.
I want to create new modules. I have only found good info on one site
"Creating modules for FreeRADIUS v3.0.x". Any pointers to other sites - I
have only just started working with Radius.
My main question, do I have to full radius compile, build and install again.
Is there a way of just compiling the module so that the server will pick it
up? For example I want to make a small change in the rlm_pap.c file

Many thanks Jonathan