Problems in Accounting

Alister Winfield alister at ticklers.org
Mon Oct 16 22:16:58 CEST 2017

Okay you can't so be creative:

Subsequent use of an IP tells you its happened.

Plus if you have interim accounting enabled you can 'assume' the session is dead if enough interims are missed. Nothings perfect because RADIUS isn't intended to guarantee data delivery. Obviously there is more chance to see the missed packet if the router will handle retries for a reasonable amount of time but don't bet on it always working.

Alister