How to capture final authentication results?

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Mon Jun 11 16:41:25 CEST 2018

On Jun 11, 2018, at 10:30 AM, Kai GAO <godrickk at gmail.com> wrote:

> We are developing a network management system and want to integrate
> FreeRadius as our web authentication server. One step is to get the final
> authentication result (after all customized post authentication steps) for
> a given host and save it to a remote server.

  You can do this without code changes.

> I found the post-authentication step to be a good starting point. However,
> as I tracked down 'rad_postauth' (src/main/auth.c) -> 'rad_virtual_server'
> (src/main/auth.c) and then to various entry points such as
> 'eap_peap_process' and 'mod_process' of some EAP submodules, I got lost and
> couldn't figure it out on my own.
>
> Thus, here are the questions I have: Is there a simple yet efficient way to
> get the final authentication results? If so, which source files should I
> look into?

  What "final authentication results" are you looking for?

  If you want to know accept/reject, see raddb/sites-available/default.  Read the "post-auth" section.

  And if you want to save the results to a remote server, use the "rest" module.

  There isn't any need to change the source code.