realmd

Adam Bishop Adam.Bishop at jisc.ac.uk
Tue Jun 26 18:42:34 CEST 2018

Not strictly a FreeRADIUS issue, but hopefully there are a few people on the list that have already solved the problem.

Has anyone got FreeRADIUS working against AD using realmd (https://www.freedesktop.org/software/realmd/)?

I've got local login working (I can su to a user) and it has samba as a dependency, but ntlm_auth says:
  [root at jrs002a ~]# ntlm_auth --username adamb
  Password:
  NT_STATUS_NO_SUCH_USER: The specified account does not exist. (0xc0000064)

wbinfo says:
  [root at jrs002a ~]# wbinfo -t
  checking the trust secret for domain SAMBA via RPC calls failed
  wbcCheckTrustCredentials(SAMBA): error code was NT_STATUS_NO_SUCH_DOMAIN (0xc00000df)

Which of course means FreeRADIUS fails to authenticate users.

Not sure if I need to be looking at poking realmd to make it configure winbind differently, or if I can poke FreeRADIUS to route authentication requests via SSSD.

(I can of course, rip out realmd and write smb.conf by hand, but it'd be nice if I could have something to manage it all for me).

Adam Bishop

  gpg: E75B 1F92 6407 DFDF 9F1C  BF10 C993 2504 6609 D460

jisc.ac.uk