TMPL_TYPE_LITERAL has non-zero bytes in its data union

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Mon Jul 8 14:43:00 CEST 2019

On Jul 8, 2019, at 2:05 PM, Geaaru <geaaru at gmail.com> wrote:

> this issue is on 3.0.x branch (not tested on master branch) and I don't use libkqueue.
>
> I downgrade to talloc-2.1.14 (also 2.1.9) and I have the same issue.

  The issue isn't related to malloc or other libraries.

> But it seems that happens only if it's enabled -Xx debug. If I disable debug freeradius bootstrap correctly.
> So, probably this means that I'm not sure that libraries currently in production haven't the issue because debug is disabled.

  No.  It means that when using "-Xx", the server does additional sanity checking on it's data structures.

> But I'm sure that this configuration in the past worked correctly also with debug. It's very weird.
>
> I executed a test also with tagged version 3.0.16 and 3.0.15 and I reproduced the same issue.
>
> I will investigate a bit on FreeRadius parser for try to indentify the issue.

  The issue is in  value_data_from_str().  If it fails to parse the string, it still mangles the data.  The solution is to have that function update the output data only when it succeeds.