[master] Unintended renaming of DHCP-Requested-IP-Address ?

Chaigneau, Nicolas nicolas.chaigneau at capgemini.com
Wed Dec 2 18:35:39 CET 2020

> > One minor issue that I noticed.
> > I think the following commit had an unintended renaming of DHCP attribute « DHCP-Requested-IP-Address » :
> >
> > https://github.com/FreeRADIUS/freeradius-server/commit/155fe50caa079def1bd929303316d2cc8649b4fc
> >
> > It is now :
> >
> > ATTRIBUTE	Requested-IP-Address		50	ipaddr
> >

> > I assume a global sed on « DHCP-Request » caused this change.
>
> Yes.  I've pushed a fix.

Thanks.
You've missed a few more though (doc + modules and sites conf)... but maybe there's no need to bother if you plan to change the names again in the near future :)

>  To be honest, now that we have protocol-specific namespaces, there's no need to prefix all of the DHCP option names with "DHCP-".  So we'll go fix that soon, too.

As I understand, they will be used as follows ?

dhcpv4.Requested-IP-Address

Note: at the moment this doesn't work (still in progress I assume ?) with dhcpclient:

dhcpclient: Unknown attribute "dhcpv4"

Regards,
Nicolas.