[ANN] Multi-Level namespaces

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Thu Nov 26 20:33:38 CET 2020

On Nov 26, 2020, at 1:16 PM, Arran Cudbard-Bell <a.cudbardb at freeradius.org> wrote:

> Multi-level namespaces were just merged into the master branch.
> If you're building from master and using nested attributes, structures, or vendor specific
> attributes, this will effect the way you reference those attributes.

  This is a _very_ large change for v4.  It means that instead of names like

	Foo-Bar-Baz = 3

  we can do

	Foo.Bar.Baz = 3

  This change was necessary in order to support the new features we're adding for v4.

  So the downside is that v4 is becoming less compatible with v3.  But the good news is that it's rather a lot cleaner, more consistent, and more flexible.

  We're working on updating the documentation for v4, which is already much more complete than v3.  So hopefully the changes won't be too confusing.